Every brand needs a solid presence on social media platforms, it is your way of connecting with the audience and speaking their language.

A clear defined social media strategy is needed for you to achieve goals, it’s a guide and a summary of what you have planned for your brand. Without it, you will be randomly posting with no purpose and vision in mind.

What follows are some tips to help you develop a winning social media strategy.

1-      Define Your Goals

First thing to do before setting a social media strategy is to define your goals, you want to make sure that they align with the overall objectives of your business.

In defining your goals, you will be able to measure the success of the campaign and your return on investment (ROI).

Your goals need to be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely. They need to be S.M.A.R.T goals. 

2-  Why Use Social Media?

Ask yourself this: why does your brand need to be present on social media? Answering this question will help you to define your goals.

Do you need it to drive traffic to your website? Or increase brand awareness? Are you looking to generate new leads? Or Build a community of loyal customers? All of these questions work as a guide to when you’re setting your goals and objectives.

3-      Understand Your Audience

Each brand has a specific target audience, understanding their persona and interests determine the type of content they will want to see on your platform.

The goal is to turn followers into customers, and the way to do so is by creating shareable and relatable content using their tone of voice.

The trick is in providing the audience with something new to learn, something they need, even if it’s merely entertainment.

4-      Study Your Competition

Chances are your competitors are present on social media too, which is why you need to conduct a competitive analysis for you to use their weaknesses and learn from their strengths. 

Use what they lack as an opportunity for you to stand out.

5-      Create a Calendar For Posting

It’s essential to have a clear posting plan for your social media, there are things to consider such as peak hours that ensure engagement.

Also, make sure that your posts are cohesive and deliver the same primary message that serves your business. 

If your brand is still in the awareness phase, stick to the 8-20 rule, in which 80% of your posts are entertaining and educational, while the remaining 20% promote your brand directly.

A social media strategy will need to be constantly evaluated and adjusted. It’s a process that takes time but the end result is worth it.

If you can’t dedicate the time to carry out the entire process, hire a professional team of marketers who can handle it from A to Z.

Sounds intriguing? Let’s talk!

Our team of social media specialists, copywriters, content creators and designers are ready to take over and lead your page all the way to success. Even if it means starting from scratch!  

References: 

https://blog.hootsuite.com/how-to-create-a-social-media-marketing-plan/

https://buffer.com/library/social-media-marketing-strategy/